Rihanna once sang that we find love in a hopeless place, which rang true for PGA tour veteran Joel Dahmen, who found his better half at the line of a pizza joint.
Sounds interesting, right? In this article, we’ll go in-depth about Joel Dahmen’s wife and find out how a meeting at a pizza joint can turn into a lifetime of togetherness.
Some Facts About the American Golfer
- The American golfer was born in Clarkston, Washington, on November 11, 1987.
- Joel showed that he was here to win at golf when he became the two-time state golf champion at Clarkston High. He also played a year of golf at the University of Washington in Seattle.
- Joel played and won numerous championships and tours, his most outstanding achievement being the PGA tour title at the Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship in the Dominican Republic in 2021.
- The golfer is also a cancer survivor who had testicular cancer in 2011, first discovered as an unusual lump and later diagnosed as cancer.
- Currently ranking 140 in the world’s ranks, it’s not good news for his fans that he won’t be playing in the 2023 Masters because of specific criteria not being met.
Finding Love At the Pizza Shop
After overcoming testicular cancer in 2012, the golfer met the love of his life, Lona Skutt, at a pizza shop in Arizona, which then turned into a BBQ date afterward.
After meeting in the long line at the pizza shop, the golfer made a bet about buying her a slice if she reached up the line faster than him; the food lover couldn’t ask for a better pickup line.
A week after the meet in the pizza shop, Joel asked her out for a date at his friend’s BBQ, and they have been together ever since.
Joel had not only found a lover but also a best friend. The saying “Behind every successful man, there is a woman” comes true in his case. After the disheartening winter 2013-2014 seasons, Skutt had a significant hand in bringing Joel back into the game.
The American national’s then-girlfriend helped him with $200 for some lessons to start his journey, which resulted in him winning twice in 2014, winning the order of merit, and earning his first tour.
After seven years of relationship, the couple finally got married in 2018. Skutt met Joel at his lowest and has been with him on his journey to the highest.
Joel Dahmen’s Wife is a Food Blogger
Joel Dahmen’s partner, Lona Dahmen, was born in August 1988. She is a food blogger who loves to travel to different countries, try different cuisines, and write about them in her blog.
She is also the founder of Travel Eats and Treats, which has about 7.4K followers on Instagram, where she was recently seen making sushi in New Orleans.
Joel Dahmen’s wife has been active in Travel Eats and Treats for a long time. Although she took a break in 2022 because of her pregnancy, we have started to see more of her as of March after the birth of their son Riggs Williams in January 2023.
Lona loves to eat and blog, travel and nature, and is exceptionally skilled in culinary arts.
Similarly, you might be interested in Ilya Ivashka Net Worth.
What is the Couple Doing These Days?
Fans and followers saw the couple’s insight in the Netflix series “Full Swing.” The documentary and drama, also called Docudrama, follows the lives of professional golfers on and off the course during the PGA tour, where we can also see a glimpse of the couple.
The couple has also started a charity called the Dahmen Family Foundation, which raises funds through golf for children, mainly focusing on cancer patients and their families on making golf better in small towns.
While this is their charity work, Joel Dahmen’s wife and he are focusing on their respective professional life as a food blogger and golfer, respectively.
1. How tall is Joel Dahmen?
Joel Dahmen is 5 feet 11 inches tall.
2. Where was Joel Dahmen born?
Joel Dahmen was born in Clarkston, Washington DC, United States of America.
3. What is Joel Dahmen’s highest ranking?
Joel Dahmen’s highest rank, 58, came in October 2020.