|Net Worth:||$50 million|
|Born:||October 22, 1969|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inch|
|Country of Origin:||USA|
|Source of wealth:||Director, Producer, Actor, Screenwriter, Photographer|
Did you know that the director for Lady Gaga‘s Dope and Kanye West‘s Only One was Spike Jonze? Spike has been prominent in many fields of the entertainment industry, including music videos.
Let’s explore Spike Jonze net worth and see how his triumph in the entertainment field has added a significant portion to his fortune.
Meet Spike Jonze
- Spike Jonze is his professional name, whereas his real name is Adam Spiegel.
- He was born in New York City on October 22, 1969, to his parents, Arthur H. Spiegel III and Sandra L. Granzow.
- While photographing BMX demos, he was offered a job as a photographer for the magazine by the editors of Freestylin Magazine.
- Moreover, he directed, wrote, and produced a well-loved movie, Her, in 2013. The song The Moon Song for Her, which he co-wrote, received nominations at The Grammys.
- Multi-talented Spike has shown his work as a director, producer, screenwriter, and actor through many films, MV, commercials, and television.
Diving Into the Director’s Career
After Jonze completed his high school finals, he moved to California and formed an international BMX club with Mark Lewman and Andy Jenkins.
Spiegel’s career highlight was being enlisted by Kim Gorden, who asked him to direct the music video for the 1992 single 100% and Cannonball.
The next year, in 1993, Jonze co-founded the company Girl Skateboards, and the following year he directed 12 music videos, including the Beastie Boys’ Ricky’s Theme.
After successfully directing MVs of notorious artists like R.E.M., Kanye West, Lady Gaga, and Fatboy Slim, he finally debuted as an actor in the film Mi Vida Loca.
In 1999, director Jonze made his first appearance in the feature film Being John Malkovich. The movie was a huge success and was critically acclaimed.
Furthermore, he directed several short films, including I’m Here, How They Get There, and We Were Once a Fairytale.
Companies like Nike, Wrangler, Levi, Nissan, and Apple offered him to direct their commercials, and Spike made good use of these opportunities.
The appearance of Spike in several Jackass movies, film Moneyball and guest starring in HBO’s Girls made him prominent as an actor.
In 2021, Spike was cast in the drama Babylon starring Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie.
Spike Jonze Net Worth – $50 million
Ensuring active engagements in many movies, short films, commercials, and music videos, there is no doubt that the director has collected an enormous fortune.
Precisely, Spike Jonze net worth is $50 million, which he amassed through his achievements in the entertainment industry.
Some of his works, along with the box office collection, are shown below:
|Movies name||Role||Box office collection|
|Her||Alien Child (Character), Director, Screenwriter, Producer||$25.6M|
|Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa||Gloria (Character),
|Where the Wild Things Are||Director,
|Synecdoche, New York||Producer||$3.1M|
|Jackass: Number Two||Writer,
|Jackass: The Movie||Writer,
|Being John Malkovich||Director||$22.9M|
Table Source: Rotten Tomatoes
Therefore, if he continues to prosper more and more in the coming years, it is for sure that Spike’s financial success will increase at a higher rate.
Similarly, you may be interested in knowing Alterna Haircare director Joan Malloy and her successful career.
Investment In Movies and Real Estate
With such staggering wealth, undoubtedly, the producer lives a very opulent life. The choice of investment Spike made either in movies or real estate is top-notch.
Looking at his investment in the entertainment world, he produced 12 movies and five documentary films, with every project extremely successful.
In 1997, he invested a good amount of $1.125 million in a home in Los Angeles. Similarly, in 2006, Spike invested $2.65 million in a Manhattan condo.
In 2011 he invested about $2.35 million in a 2,279 square feet, three-bedroom, three-bathroom apartment in Manhattan, which he sold for about $3,200,000 in 2016.
Jonze made a massive investment in real estate in 2018. He bought 1,965 square feet, three bedrooms, and two bathroom assets worth $5,850,000 in Malibu, California.
The graph of his successful investments will undoubtedly increase in the future.
Trivia and Facts
- The owner of Bethesda Community Store gave him the nickname Spike Jonze after the satirical bandleader Spike Jones.
- Spike Jonze provided his voice to a video game character in the film Alien Child, who interacts with Theodore.
- He served as the Creative Director of the YouTube Music Awards on November 3, 2013.