The young Aussie star moved to drive for Mclaren in Formula One in 2022. So, Let’s see how much he is making there, uncover the secret behind Oscar Piastri’s net worth, and get to know him a little.
Some Facts About the Australian Racer
- Oscar Piastri was born on 6 April 2001 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. He began his journey by participating in a national remote-controlled car race before embarking on his karting career.
- His family highly supports Oscar in his career as a race car driver. His father, Chris Piastri, is an automotive software development company owner, and his mother, Nicole Piastri, is a housewife.
- Piastri enjoys his free time by going to the seas and wakeboarding. Similarly, his favorite sports are cricket and basketball, and he loves to binge-watch shows on Netflix.
- The Australian national participated in multiple Australian races and championships in 2014 and turned his focus towards European and CIK-FIA karting championships the following year.
- Wanting to enhance his career in the European tracks, Young Oscar moved to the United Kingdom in 2016 and participated in the 2016 World Championship in Bahrain, grabbing the sixth position.
What is Oscar Piastri’s Net Worth?
The best thing money can buy is financial freedom, and currently, Oscar has all the monetary freedom in the world, being a Formula One racer.
Oscar Piastri’s current wealth stands at a whopping $5 million. Thanks to his dedication to his profession, he has managed to amass such a massive figure at such a young age.
The Melbourne native is the winner of the 2019 Formula Renault Eurocup, the 2020 FIA Formula 3 Championship, and the 2021 Formula 2 Championship, with R-ace Gp and Prema Racing, respectively.
Piastri’s early success in Formula 2 and Formula 3 carved a path towards the grandest stage of them all, Formula 1. He has just started his F1 journey, and his riches will flourish even more in the coming years.
Salary is an Important Factor in Earning Millions
The most slippery thing in the world is a monthly salary. However, Oscar does not need to worry about it as he earns more money in a year than some in their entire lifetime.
After joining Mercedes in 2022, the Australian racer received his first paycheck of $750,000 in his first year. But his impressive performance increased his salary to $2 million in 2023.
Nicknamed ‘The Prodigy Kid,’ Piastri is entitled to his million-dollar salary as he did surprisingly well in the 2023 British Grand Prix, landing P4 position for McLaren.
F1 drivers also receive bonuses for their excellent performance. Thus, with 36 career points, Piastri must be making a decent amount of money apart from his regular salary.
Endorsement Deals Enhance His Wealth
A motorsport racer enhances his riches by endorsing multiple brands, which lands a considerable chunk of money in their bank account. Oscar is doing the same by getting involved with multiple brands and sponsorships.
The McLaren driver is currently involved with two prestigious E-commerce and Software companies, which are THG and Dubber. These companies offer him a decent amount of money for advertising their brand.
Similarly, Piastri’s other endorsement deal is with HP Tuners. Also, the emerging Australian driver is the global ambassador of Quad Lock, a lifestyle brand based in Australia.
All of these brand deals come with a lot of media exposure and a lot of money. Thus, Piastri must be sitting on top of the massive mountain of money, looking to expand it even more.
The Formula 2 champion only has four brand deals as of now, but his future at Formula 1 will soon open doors to more impressive and lucrative deals with more famous brands.
Oscar Piastri’s net worth will surely rise to greater heights in the coming years, and the prodigy kid is sure to amaze the audience with his high-performing skills in his future races.