Themba Gorimbo is the embodiment of hard work and success. He overcame not only poverty but also near-death experiences in the past to call himself a fighter.
Today, we will take a look at his inspiring journey and unveil everything there is to know about Themba Gorimbo’s biography and net worth.
Meet the Inspiring UFC Fighter
- Themba was born Themba T. Lawrence Gorimbo on January 23, 1991, in Masvingo, a small city in Zimbabwe. He looked after himself after the tragic death of his parents when he was just thirteen.
- Themba had to go through the extreme measures of illegally digging Marange diamonds and smuggling them to survive as a sixteen-year-old boy.
- When Gorimbo was once captured by authorities while digging for diamonds, they sent German shepherds after him as he tried to flee, leaving the Zimbabwean with several scars on his body.
- The UFC fighter was among the millions of South-East Africans who were affected by famine in the early 2000s. That’s when he decided to flee to a much safer South Africa by crossing the border, only to be deported back to Zimbabwe when he got caught due to passport issues.
- After winning his first few fights in the amateur league, Themba turned to professional fighting in 2012.
Professional Fighter in UFC: Primary Source of Income
It is challenging to earn a livelihood by exchanging fists with another person. However, the Zimbabwean made up his mind after watching the 2008 fighting movie Never Back Down.
Themba, nicknamed The Answer, made his official UFC debut in February 2023 against AJ Fletcher. Unfortunately, he lost the fight via submission.
However, Gorimbo went head to head with Japanese mixed martial artist Takashi Sato in May 2023 and registered the first win of his UFC fighting career.
Currently, Themba Gorimbo net worth is still being calculated as the exact amount has not been published anywhere. But, as soon as he rises in the UFC ranks, his fortune is sure to reach significant heights in the future.
Match Fees and Performance Enhances Themba Gorimbo Net Worth
UFC fighters are among the highest-paid athletes in the world. However, it all depends on the fighter’s performance and records inside the ring.
For instance, Irish mixed martial artist Conor McGregor earned more than $30 million for a mere 40-second fight against the American fighter Donald Cerrone in 2020.
By contrast, Gorimbo received $12,000 in base pay and $4,000 in incentive pay for his win against Takashi Sato at UFC 73.
Similarly, the Pay-per-view (PPV) point also plays a crucial role in a fighter’s salary. So Themba has to eye for those points to earn more than he does now.
The Zimbabwean may not earn as much as Conor or other famous fighters, but he has a long way to go in his UFC career, so, with time, Themba Gorimbo’s fortune and earnings are sure to rise.
Similarly, you might want to read about Alex Albon’s Net Worth.
Role of Brand Endorsement
Brand endorsements play a significant role in increasing a fighter’s wealth. Fighters such as Jon Jones and Khabib Nurmagomedov earn a massive amount for endorsing multiple world-famous brands.
At present, Gorimbo has struck a deal with Mukuru as its newest brand ambassador. Mukuru aims to support top African talent and make a difference in communities all across the continent. He must be gaining a decent amount of money from his sponsorship.
Also, Themba would be able to achieve higher salaries and bonuses after he gains more experience and popularity in the world of Ultimate Fighting Championship.
On a different note, hearing Gorimbo’s struggling and inspiring story, famous actor and wrestler Dwane Johnson, aka The Rock, provided financial support to the Zimbabwean by gifting him an apartment.
The man behind the $7 story has a lot more in his bank account after his performance in the UFC, and with time, Themba Gorimbo’s fortune will surely reach the top.