The high-octane racing of Formula One is nothing short of a chasing scene from a movie. Alex Albon is one of the chasers of the motorsport world racing for Williams Racing.
The Thai national is getting a massive response from the fans, and questions like ‘Who is Alex Albon girlfriend?’ are in everyone’s mouth. So, let’s dive into Alex’s personal life and find out his lady love.
Meet the Thai Racing Phenomenon
- Albon was born Alexander Albon Ansusinha on 23 March 1996 at the Portland Hospital in London, England. He holds both British and Thai nationality but races under the Thai flag in F1.
- Alex’s father, Nigel Albon, is a former British racing driver who has taken part in the Porsche Carrera Cup and British Touring Car Championship. Similarly, his mother, Kankamol Albon, is from Thailand.
- The Thai national was attracted to motorsport from childhood as his father and his uncle, Mark Albon, are former racers. He has four siblings: one brother, Luca Albon, and three sisters, Chloe Albon, Zoe Albon, and Alicia Albon.
- Alex grew up in Bures, Suffolk, and attended Ipswich School before quitting to follow his dream of professional racing. Former racers Valentino Rossi and Michael Schumacher are his inspirations.
- Albon is currently a racer for the Williams-Mercedes in Formula One with car number 23.
Get to Know Alex Albon Girlfriend Better
The Thai racing sensation lost his heart to a beautiful young lady in 2019 and has been in a relationship with her ever since.
Alex Albon is currently dating Lily Muni, a Chinese professional golfer who is active on the U.S.-based LGPA tour.
The golfer was born on 17 June 1999 in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. Her original name is Muni He. Her father is a hotelier and restaurateur who motivated her to play golf when she was young.
Muni has been a competitive player since she was five years old. She and her family relocated to Vancouver before settling in San Diego, where she attended Torrey Pines High School.
Lily joined San Diego and Southern California junior tournaments to follow her dream of playing golf professionally. Similarly, she also participated in U.S. Kid’s Golf and American Junior Golf Association events.
Before making her professional debut, Lily studied at the University of Southern California for a year but later opted out to establish a career in golf.
Alex Albon’s Girlfriend Career Highlights: Amateur to Professional in Two Years
Lily started her journey as an Amateur in 2015 and won the 2015 Polo Junior Classic, followed by the Minnesota Invitational in 2017.
Similarly, Muni showed her talents very early in her career when she made four starts on the LPGA Tour and participated in the 2015 U.S. Women’s Open.
Alex Albon girlfriend turned professional in 2017 and achieved her first win at the 2018 Symetra Tour at the opening of the Prasco Charity Championship in Maineville, Ohio.
Similarly, Lily secured her 2020 LPGA Tour membership after becoming victorious on the eight-round LPGA Q-Series. She is also doing brand endorsements for Nike and WeChat.
How Did The Couple Meet?
Lily finally broke the silence in an interview with GolfWeek, revealing how she met the Thai racing hurricane Alex Albon.
Lily said that one friend of hers convinced her to watch a Formula documentary on Netflix called ‘Drive to Survive.’ She watched the entire season in one day and followed Alex to learn more about motorsport.
The couple’s enthusiasm towards each other’s professional life became the turning point in their initial days, and soon after, they started talking on the phone.
Albon and Lily had their first meeting in Los Angeles when Albon came for an event and stayed there to take a little holiday. This is how their romantic journey started in 2019 and is still going strong.
Lily can be frequently seen in the stands when Albon is racing for the Williams team. She cheers for him and enjoys watching him win his races.
Let’s hope the couple always stays like this and keeps inspiring and loving each other in the future.