Anna Van Der Breggen is a retired Dutch professional road bicycle racer who is considered to be one of her generation’s most accomplished and skilled riders.
Van der Breggen had an outstanding professional career, but today, we are going to talk about her personal life and divulge interesting facts about Anna Van Der Breggen’s husband.
Get to Know the Dutch Cyclist
- Anna was born into a cycling family on 18 April 1990 in Zwolle, Netherlands. She has four siblings: three brothers and one sister, who took cycling lessons in their early life.
- In addition to winning the Giro d’Italia Femminile four times, the Dutch national took home the gold in the women’s road race at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Van der Breggen triumphed in the women’s road race at the UCI Road World Championships in 2018 and 2020. She plays the piano and enjoys painting and crocheting in addition to cycling.
- Anna is currently employed by UCI Women’s World SD Worx as a directeur sportif following her retirement at the conclusion of the 2021 season.
- The cyclist was raised in a religious household and is a member of the Netherlands’ Reformed Churches. She has nursing experience, having completed nursing school in 2012.
Meet Anna Van Der Breggen’s Husband
The champion cyclist was not only successful in her professional career, but she also found a lifetime of happiness in her personal life when she met her soulmate.
Yes, the former professional bicycle racer tied the knot with former cyclist-turned-coach Sierk Jan de Hann in 2018. But, the couple has kept their dating history secret from the public.
Sierk was born on 20 June 1981 in the Netherlands and began his professional cycling career in 2005 with the B&E Cycling Team. He retired in 2015 at the age of thirty-four.
Anna Van Der Breggen’s partner has been a coach at Team Jumbo Visma since 2017 and can be seen assisting the team during tours and cycling tournaments.
Recently, under Sierk’s supervision, the team of Jumbo Visma won the Giro Next Gen cycling event in June 2023 in Trieste, Italy. He shared a picture on his Instagram to celebrate their victory.
Married Life With the Fellow Bicycle Racer
Sierk and Anna tied the knot in 2018 and have been enjoying their marital bliss. The wonderful couple can be seen enjoying their free time when they are not too busy with their professional life.
It is rare for a girl to come with a marriage proposal, but not with Van der Breggen. Anna shared a beautiful picture on her second marriage anniversary, remembering the time when the couple got engaged.
Anna mentioned that she proposed to Sierk during their vacation at the Grand Canyon in Arizona, the United States of America, and took the picture the day after their engagement.
Further, Anna Van Der Breggen’s husband accompanied her to Yoga Pollensa, Spain, in their family outing com training camp in December 2019 with their grandmother and seemed to have enjoyed the day.
Similarly, you might be interested in Vivek Ramaswamy‘s Net Worth.
Is the Couple Expecting A Baby Soon?
Sierk and Anna are currently enjoying their happy married life and have kept most of their personal lives secret from fans and media outlets. As impressive as it would have been, they are yet to become parents.
After her retirement, it’s only been two years since Van der Breggen took on the role of directeur sportiff at SD Worx. Similarly, Anna Van der Breggen’s husband is also busy coaching his team.
Thus, at the moment, the fantastic cyclist is focusing on her new professional journey and keeping the next stage of her married life on hold. So, we have to wait some more to hear the happy news.
In conclusion, the Dutch duo are busy working and enjoying their alone time together before considering expanding their family to three.