Anna Van Der Breggen is an inspiration to young cyclists around the world as she has achieved significant success in her professional career before her retirement.
However, did the Dutch national accumulate a decent amount as a cyclist over the years? Hang tight, as we are going to take a look inside her life and divulge interesting facts about Anna Van Der Breggen net worth.
Meet the Former Dutch Cyclist
- Van Der Breggen was born on 18 April, 1990, in Zwolle, Netherlands. She belongs to a family of cyclists, as her siblings also peddled the bicycle at one point in their lives.
- The former cyclist finished fifth in the juniors world championship road race in Aguascalientes in 2007 at the age of 17 but found it challenging to move up to the elite division.
- Anna claimed victory in all three Ardennes Classics events in a single week in 2017, earning the moniker “Queen of the Ardennes.” The following summer, she won the Giro d’Italia for the second time.
- In 2012, Van der Breggen joined the Sengers Ladies Cycling Team and went pro. She placed ninth at the Tour of Flanders in April and won the Tour de Bretagne Féminin in July.
- Anna is married to her husband Sierk Jan de Haan, a coach for UCI World Team Jumbo-Visma, and resides in Hasselt, in the northeast of the Netherlands.
Prize Money: Boon to the Cyclist’s Wealth
Prize money plays a crucial role in enhancing a sportsperson’s wealth. Anna, too, earned a significant portion of her fortune through winnings and the money that came with it.
For instance, Van der Breggen is the winner of Giro d’Italia Femminile for a massive four times: 2015, 2017, 2020, and 2021. According to various sources, the prize money for the winner in 2021 totaled up to $8400.
Having said that, the champion cyclist must have collected a decent amount from other tournaments as well. This prize money is one of the catalysts to Anna Van Der Breggen net worth.
Further, Anna has participated in other tournaments, such as the UCI Road World Championships and La Flèche Wallonne Féminine. Thus, she must have also collected a handsome amount of money from there.
Similarly, Anna is a gold medalist in the Women’s road race at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. As a Dutch Olympian, she was given a massive sum of $31000 for winning a medal for her country.
Therefore, it is evident that Anna Van Der Breggen’s wealth has been highly influenced by her impressive achievements in different tournaments.
Role of Brand Endorsements
Brand endorsement is a massive deal regarding a cyclist’s income. It either accelerates their earnings or limits it to salary and prize money.
However, Anna, being a world-class cyclist, is supported by multiple brands and is earning a decent amount of cash from her sponsorship deals. First, she holds a deal with TrueKinetix, which produces indoor cycles for training.
Similarly, iamspecialized is another sponsor which deals in advanced bikes and equipment. Anna has promoted the brand on her social media handles, such as Instagram.
Further, the Dutch national is an investor and ambassador of Classified Powersift, which is a Belgium-based start-up company. All of these deals contributed highly to Anna Van Der Breggen net worth.
Explore Anna Van Der Breggen Net Worth
The former bicycle champion, Anna Van Der Breggen, has seen a lot of success in her professional career. She earned a lot of money from her achievements. However, her wealth is still undisclosed.
The Zwolle native is currently employed as a directeur sportif for UCI Women’s World Team SD Worx since her retirement in 2021. So, she is not out of the game yet and keeps her bank balance moving.
Furthermore, Anna also has her own merchandise website where different items are sold for a reasonable price. She tucks a considerable sum from there as well.
We wish the Dutch national all the best in her future endeavors in SD Worx and hope that she can take her team to great heights in upcoming cycling tournaments.