|Net Worth||$35 Million|
|Born||June 24, 1979|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Source of Income||Acting|
Vera Mindy Chokalingam, widely known as Mindy Kaling, is an actress, comedienne, producer, writer, and director best known for her role as Kelly Kapoor in The Office.
Given her success, people are curious about Mindy Kaling’s net worth. Keep reading to learn more about the famous actress and what is happening in her life.
Background Info On The Office Actress
- Mindy Kaling is a talented actress, writer, producer, and director.
- She is presently writing and producing the Netflix original series Never Have I Ever, which is based on her own childhood experiences.
- Mindy was best known before The Mindy Project for her input on the critically acclaimed Emmy Award-winning NBC sitcom The Office.
- Mindy, in addition to directing, producing, and portraying celebrity-obsessed Kelly Kapoor, authored eighteen episodes of the series, including the Emmy-nominated episode “Niagara.”
- In 2012, Time magazine named Mindy one of the world’s 100 most influential people.
- The star was named one of Glamour’s Women of the Year in 2014.
A Successful Film Career Helped Her Amass Considerably
The actress has an extensive resume that includes cinematic credits in various movies. A short overview of her movie journey from the past few years is given below:
|Movies||Box Office Collection|
|Late Night||$15.5 M|
|Ocean’s 8||$139.4 M|
|A Wrinkle In Time||$100.5M|
|The Night Before||$43.0M|
Table Source: Rotten Tomatoes
Furthermore, Mindy’s memoirs, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) (2011) and Why Not Me? (2015), both made it to the New York Times Best Seller list.
The actress also won a Tony Award for Best Musical for her work as a producer on the musical A Strange Loop.
Check out our article on social media’s role in Jameela Jamil’s Net Worth.
Her Real Estate Business influences Mindy Kaling’s Net Worth.
From her successful career, the actress has accumulated around $35 million to her name. So Mindy Kaling’s fortune is not too shabby after all.
The writer is also somewhat involved in the real estate business as well as buying and selling high-end properties.
Mindy Kaling paid $1.575 million for a Spanish home in Los Angeles in 2007. Kaling later advertised the home for $2.195 million in 2018 before lowering the price to $1.995 million and eventually selling it.
Mindy spent roughly $3 million for a two-bedroom, two-bathroom condo in New York City’s SoHo district in 2017. She listed this home for $2.75 million in September 2022.
After a Malibu home once owned by Frank Sinatra was listed for $12.9 million, the price was reduced to $11.5 million.
Mindy Kaling made an offer of $9.55 million for the home in 2020, and it was purchased for far less than the asking price.
ALSO READ: Carrie Brownstein’s Partner: Meet the Person Behind the Musician
Earnings From TV Shows
Mindy has also acted in a plethora of TV shows where she managed to build her fan base considerably. Her roles on the small screen have also added to her fortunes.
Mindy is most widely known for her role in the hit series, The Office, where she played a recurring role. According to The Richest, she earned an estimated $60,000 per episode for her work on the show.
View this post on Instagram
After The Office ended, Mindy worked in a number of other shows. But The Mindy Project has been her biggest success so far. Celebrity Net Worth estimates that Kaling made $150,000 for each episode of The Mindy Project.
Considering the show ran for six seasons, Kaling probably received a tidy sum for all she did on the show.
So, from all her earning sources, Mindy Kaling’s fortune of $35 million seems plausible.
All thanks to Mindy Kaling’s wealth worth multi-millions, she must be living a comfortable life. We hope she continues with the streak of her success.
Trivia And Facts
- Mindy Kaling’s parents, Swati Raisircar and Avu Chokalingam, met in Nigeria and were both Indian. Her father is from Tamil Nadu, while her mother is from Bengal.
- She was the first female writer on The Office (2005) when she started at the age of 26.
- Mindy’s late mother was an OB/GYN doctor who inspired many of the storylines in The Mindy Project.