Richard Kingscote is another famous name in the world of horse riding who came from nothing but managed to build himself an impressive career over nearly two decades as a professional.
Today, we will take a peak into this amazing jockey’s personal and professional life, explore his income source, and provide a detailed review of Richard Kingscote net worth.
Get to Know the Champion Jockey
- Kingscote was born on 19 July 1986 in Weston, England, and spent his childhood there. He comes from a family with no prior racing connections, but he still began his riding at an early age.
- The Weston native went to the British Racing School to upgrade his horse riding skills and later worked as an apprentice to a former flat racing jockey turned racehorse trainer, Roger J. Charlton.
- Kingscote rides frequently in QIPCO British Champions Series contests, but he hadn’t claimed a victory until Desert Crown‘s victory in the 2022 Cazoo Derby.
- Richard trained in the north for most of his career with Tom Dascombe. Nevertheless, He decided to go from Dascombe’s yard and work with Sir Michael Stoute.
- The British Jockey is married to his beautiful wife, Ashleigh Kingscote. She is a pastry chef. Similarly, the lovely are parenting two wonderful sons. He is an avid motorcycle fan and has tattoos all over his body.
Prize Money: Boon to the Jockey’s Wealth
As a sportsperson, Kingscote has earned the majority of his fortune through participation in multiple horse racing tournaments and the money gained as prize money from those races.
The British racer has been active in horse riding since 2004 and has been earning a decent amount of money. He is also the 2015 Dubai Gold Cup winner, riding on Brown Panther.
Similarly, Richard Kingscote’s earnings mounted up to $5.7 million from 2004 to 2014, when he participated in around four thousand races and managed to secure wins in more than five hundred of them.
Furthermore, the champion jockey saw his earnings heightened up to $10.5 million from 2015 to 2021. His horse-riding matches totaled up to five thousand, with victory in over 700 matches.
Even though he only took a certain percentage of the prize money, Richard Kingscote net worth must have been highly influenced by the money received from the winning matches.
Huge Earnings in 2022 And 2023
The horserider has had an impressive career ever since the beginning; however, his earnings skyrocketed in 2022 and 2023, as he earned considerably higher in these two years compared to his previous ventures.
To elaborate, Richard Kingscote’s income stood at $4 million and $2 million in 2022 and 2023, respectively, with some more races to go till the end of 2023.
The Englishman engaged in over a thousand races and won over a hundred and fifty in two years. Similarly, he also won the 2022 Epson Derby, which further escalated his wealth.
The Professional Jockeys Association has also established a pension program for all jockeys, which is funded by a 0.6% reduction from the total prize for racing.
Even after he retires, this pension plan will cover Richard Kingscote’s financial needs for the rest of his life. The rider will, therefore, have a good life after retiring.
Similarly, you might be interested in Miomir Kecmanovic’s Net Worth
What is Richard Kingscote Net Worth?
The champion jockey has dedicated his entire life to the world of horse riding and has influenced future generations to invest their career in this amazing sport.
However, his net worth is still undetermined even after all these years. Since he has earned huge chunks of money from winning races, Richard must have accumulated a decent amount of money in his bank account.
We will have to wait until a credible source reveals Richard Kingscote net worth. Thus, for now, let’s enjoy his races and hope that he keeps his winning momentum throughout his career.
1. What is Richard Kingscote’s nationality?
Richard Kingscote is British.
2. Is Richard Kingscote married?
Yes, Richard Kingscote is married to Ashleigh Kingscote and has two sons.
3. When was Richard Kingscote born?
Richard Kingscote was born on 19 July 1986.