|Net Worth:||$100 Million|
|Born:||March 2, 1999|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches|
|Country of Origin:||Russia|
|Source of Wealth:||Formula Racing Driver|
Nikita Mazepin, an F1 racer from Russia, is reportedly exploring legal options in the UK to make a return to the sport. This suggests that he is trying his best to rejoin the competition in a friendly way.
Join us as we look into the life of the racer and what scandal the racer has found himself in. We will also discuss Nikita Mazepin’s net worth and other controversies in his life.
Nikita Mazepin, The Racing Sensation
- Nikita Dmitryevich Mazepin is a skilled racing driver from Russia.
- The racer comes from a wealthy family, as Nikita Mazepin’s father, Dmitry Mazepin, was the main shareholder and chairman of Uralchem, a company based in Belarus and Russia.
- Nikita has been involved in formula racing for much of his career and recently participated in the 2021 Formula One World Championship with Haas F1 Team while representing the Russian Automobile Federation.
- However, due to recent political tensions resulting from the invasion by Russia into Ukraine, both Haas and their primary sponsor Uralkali ended their association with Nikita.
- Mazepin joined the ranks of Vitaly Petrov, Sergey Sirotkin, and Daniil Kvyat as the fourth Russian driver to compete in F1.
- In March of 2022, Nikita and Dmitry were added to the EU’s sanctions list due to their involvement in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- After being terminated from Formula One, Mazepin established a foundation called We Compete as One to assist athletes prevented from participating for political reasons.
Why Nikita Was Sanctioned
After an unfavorable debut season in Formula One last year, Nikita Mazepin had hoped to improve his performance alongside Mick Schumacher at Haas for the 2022 season.
However, due to Russia’s incursion into Ukraine and subsequent sanctions imposed on Russian entities and individuals, Mazepin was replaced by Kevin Magnussen before the second pre-season test held in Bahrain.
Presently 24 years old, Nikita Mazepin is endeavoring to have British restrictions lifted so that he might negotiate with various F1 teams about returning to the sport as of 2024.
Mazepin has been hit with asset freezing and travel ban measures. According to his lawyers, these prohibitions thwart him from engaging in discussions with racing teams, who raised this issue before London’s High Court.
View this post on Instagram
Furthermore, owing to the strong connection of the Mazepins with Russian President Vladimir Putin, their family was sanctioned by numerous countries such as the UK, Canada, and Europe in response to Russia’s invasion.
Per ESPN reports, Nikita Mazepin is getting ready for a legal battle in court in the United Kingdom against these sanctions imposed by British authorities.
During a trial scheduled for June 2023, Mazepin will plead that his sanctions must be temporarily removed while he prepares himself fully to challenge them legally.
The final hearing will take place a month later, in July 2023.
Other Scandals In His Life
On December 9, 2020, Mazepin was under fire for publishing an Instagram story that seemed to be inappropriately touching a woman’s breasts in the back seat of a car.
The Haas F1 Team issued a statement condemning his conduct and describing the video as abhorrent.
Although Nikita released an apology saying how as an F1 driver, he has to hold himself to superior standards and admitted guilt by letting himself and several others down, it got removed after nine days.
In March 2023, however, Mazepin reiterated that he recognized his actions were improper. Nonetheless, the lady shown in the film defended him and referred to their activities as a joke between them.
The woman has since taken measures on her social accounts, claiming, “Never allow anyone ever disrespect or touch you again.” They have decided not to follow each other online anymore.
Consequently, the controversy ended with the hashtag “#WeSayNoToMazepin” trending all over Twitter, urging the HAAS F1 team to remove him from driving altogether.
Similarly, you might like to learn how much the former F1 director, Michael Masi, makes.
Nikita Mazepin’s Net Worth – $100 Million
Nikita, a talented Russian speedster with an amiable persona, has accumulated considerable wealth of approximately $100 million.
With participation in FIA Championships for acclaimed teams such as Hitech Grand Prix and ART Grand Prix under his belt, Nikira cemented himself as one of the finest racing drivers globally.
Nikita Mazepin’s recent stint with Haas F1 Team saw him race in the Formula One World Championship in 2021.
— Nikita Mazepin (@nikita_mazepin) June 27, 2021
Unfortunately, Nikita’s career ended early the following year when news broke out about Russia invading Ukraine.
This consequently forced the racer’s contract termination at Haas F1 team due to overwhelming public condemnation of such aggressive political actions.
Considering his father is a billionaire, Nikita Mazepin’s fortune could be higher than reported.
Unfortunately, Nikita Mazepin’s net worth couldn’t save him from those sanctions.
Let’s hope the case gets resolved quickly, and we can again see the racer burning rubber on the track.