J. Cole is an American rapper and record producer who has made the world groove to his music since his debut in 2007. Also known as Therapist, he is widely involved in Hip hop music.
Let’s dive into this music sensation’s personal and professional life and find out everything there is to know about J. Cole’s wife Melissa Heholt and her impact on his music.
Interesting Facts About the American Rapper
- Cole was born Jermaine Lamarr Cole on January 28, 1985, at an American military base in West Germany. His father served in the United States Military, and his mother, Kay Cole, worked at the US Postal Service.
- The rapper graduated magna cum laude from St. John’s University in 2007, majoring in Communications. But, he received his degree in 2015 as he owned money for a book in the Library.
- Later, Cole held a number of part-time jobs in Fayetteville, including those as a bill collector, a file clerk, a kangaroo mascot at a skating rink, and a working ad salesman for a newspaper.
- When Jermaine’s mother gave him an ASR-X musical sampler for Christmas in 2000, he was twelve years old and already considered rapping as his ideal career. He put a greater emphasis on honing his production abilities at this time.
- Cole and his cousin worked on improving their fundamental comprehension of rhyme and wordplay after being musically inspired by Canibus, Nas, Tupac, and Eminem.
Meet J. Cole’s Wife Melissa Heholt
J. Cole had kept his marriage and relationship secret from the public. However, an interview with Black Panther director Ryan Coogler changed everything.
During the interview for Montreality in 2016, Coogler accidentally revealed the news of their wedding by asking the rapper how married life had changed him.
The American national was surprised by the question but did not take the situation too seriously and commented, ”It’s all good, now they know”, after Ryan apologized for slipping his tongue.
Having said that, the lovely couple reportedly got married in 2015 after dating for a while. They met at Cole’s alma mater, St. John’s University, and began their romantic journey.
J. Cole’s wife Melissa Heholt is parenting two wonderful kids with her musician husband. Cole first mentioned his son in an interview with Angie Martinez in 2018, and in 2020, he revealed that he has two kids.
Melissa is a Businesswoman
Melissa Heholt is a businesswoman and a founder of a company called Static Events. It focuses on providing outstanding client service by creating memorable events with a unique touch.
Talking about her education, Heholt graduated from Archbishop Molloy High School, located in Queens, and later obtained a degree in health administration from St John’s.
Further, Mrs. Cole worked in the health field for a few years before beginning her journey with Static Events. She is also the executive director of the Dreamville Foundation.
Dreamville is a non-profit organization founded by Cole in 2011. The rapper has mentioned that his partner is highly devoted to the organization and works day and night for the betterment of the Fayetteville community.
Similarly, you might be interested in Joel Dahmen’s Wife.
Impact on Her Husband’s Music
J. Cole’s wife Melissa Heholt has significantly impacted Cole’s music. The American national has contributed some of his songs to his spouse and their children.
For instance, Cole dedicated the final track of his 2019 album, Revenge of the Dreamers III, announcing his wife’s pregnancy and thanked her for accompanying him on his journey.
Decoding the lyrics of Sacrifices, the American national rapped about his love for Melissa and her pregnancy. He had nowhere to go, but she gave him a place to stay and gave him the gift of his son.
Similarly, J. Cole mentioned that his current life and family are all thanks to her, and he can never repay her contributions to his life. The happy family lives a quiet life in North Carolina, near Cole’s hometown.
Q: Who is J. Cole’s wife?
A: J. Cole is married to his beautiful wife, Melissa Heholt.
Q: How many Citizenships does J. Cole have?
A: J. Cole holds dual citizenship in Germany and the United States of America.
Q: How many children does J. Cole have?
A: J. Cole has two children with his wife.