The whole internet is going wild over Uzo Aduba‘s appearance at the recent Tony Awards, where she posed with a baby bump in dazzling orange attire.
Yes, you heard it right. So let’s delve more into Uzo Aduba’s child and her journey towards motherhood, shall we?
Meet Uzo Aduba
- The American actress, born on February 10, 1981, is widely famous for her role as Susanne in the Netflix series Orange is the New Black.
- She competed in track and field while studying classical voice at Boston University.
- Her professional acting career started in theater. Her broadway debut was in Helen Edmundson‘s adaptation in 2007, where she portrayed the role of Toby.
- In 2012, Uzo made her television debut as a nurse on Blue Bloods, for which she won Screen Actors Guild Card.
- Her portrayal of Susanne’s Crazy Eyes won her the title of Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series at the 66th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards.
- Aduba’s performance in season 2 won the second Primetime Emmy Award, which made her the first actress to win Emmy for the same role.
- Aduba was cast in the fourth season of the HBO series In Treatment for the role of therapist Dr. Brooke Taylor.
- Uzo Aduba is married to filmmaker Robert Sweeting.
Marriage In Secret
How the beautiful couple met each other and began their love journey is still a mystery.
This duo has always been in a lowkey relationship. No one knew about their relationship until they posted about their marriage in their Instagram post.
The romance between them came to light in September 2021 when Uzo made a significant update on social media. It was not a boyfriend reveal, but a husband reveal.
The actress shared her marriage photo, captioning how her husband was the best thing that happened in her life and how excited she is to spend life with him.
Even though she shared her picture in 2021, they secretly married in 2020 in New York.
This was proved when her husband shared a post captioning their first marriage anniversary on Instagram.
During an appearance on Live with Kelly and Ryan, Aduba opened up about her relationship stating they were taking time to enjoy their life and relationship.
The actress added about them celebrating their anniversary in Tulum, Mexico.
After the marriage news, they made several public appearances, including the Emmy and Tony Awards.
What Is Aduba’s Husband Up To These Days?
Most people are curious about Aduba’s husband, Robert Sweeting.
Much like Uzo, her husband also works in the entertainment industry. Robert Sweeting has his own media company, Creative Destruction Films.
The filmmaker is mainly known for his drama Guns Down, and You Won’t Miss Me. His company creates digital content for the web, in-app, and social.
Uzo Aduba’s Child. Image source: Instagram.Additionally, he is also a photographer. In May 2023, Sweeting got certified to dive to 60 feet. He even stated on Instagram how big a step that was for him.
The filmmaker had a fear of swimming, but he overcame it and gained a new appreciation for the ocean. Therefore, he has a certification in scuba diving.
Similarly, you may be interested in reading about Transgender Cyclist Austin Killips’ Partner.
Uzo Aduba’s Child
After revealing her secret marriage, Uzo Aduba has revealed another big news about having her first baby.
Before appearing in the Tony Awards with a cute baby bump, she beforehand notified her Instagram followers about the upcoming newest member.
The 42-year-old actress shared her happiness to start the next chapter of her life and be a mommy.
View this post on Instagram
Uzo Aduba’s child will receive every happiness from the parents. Their happiness and waiting can be clearly seen through their post.
Recently, she wished her husband a happy fathers day with the title father-to-be.
Therefore we all are waiting for the day when a little one will be born. Many congratulations to the “Parents-to-be”.