David Probert is a world-famous jockey who knows horse riding like the back of his hand. He held the title of British flat racing Champion Apprentice in 2008 alongside William Buick.
Let’s discuss whether the jockey has an impressive balance in his bank account. Stay with us until the end to learn everything about David Probert’s net worth and financial triumphs.
Some Interesting Facts About the Jockey
- David was born in 1988 in Bargoed, Wales. He went to Ysgol Gyfun Cwn Rhymni Welsh language school and spent his childhood participating in pony racing and Gymkhana around Wales.
- Shortly after graduating from high school, the rider from Bargoed joined Andrew Balding‘s stable, entering the renowned program for aspirational young riders hoping to create a name for themselves.
- The Welshman triumphed aboard Goldoni in the Investec Derby Trial in 2012. On Highland Knight, he won his first group, the Group 2 Oettingen-Rennen, the same year.
- David Probert was kicked in the parade ring at Windsor in 2023 by his planned horse, a two-year-old colt named Bits and Bobs. He was treated on course by medical staff before being taken to the hospital.
- Probert has had victories from 18% of the horses he has ridden. Andrew Balding, a single trainer, is responsible for 33% of his victories.
Prize Money is Key in His Wealth
David Probert is one of the best jockeys of the twenty-first century. He has an impressive career spanning over fifteen years and holds multiple wins under his name.
Over the years, the Welsh horse rider has participated in different race courses, riding different horses. From rides and wins, he has accumulated a sizable sum in terms of prize money.
For instance, after beginning his career in 2007, David earned around $3.2 million until 2014. He participated in courses such as Kempton, Lingfield, Southwell, Chepstwo, and Wolverhampton.
June 2014 saw a number of significant events in David’s career. After placing eleventh on Impulsive Moment, he made history by riding in the Derby as the youngest Welshman ever.
Probert’s first Royal Ascot victory came aboard Born in Bombay, trained by Balding, in the Britannia Stakes. Probert triumphed in the Doonside Cup on Scottish and the Group 3 Sandown Classic Trial in 2015.
Similarly, the champion jockey tucked around $4.2 million in prize money from 2015 to 2020 by participating in more than 5,000 rides in different courses, including Chelmsford City, Salisbury, and others.
David Probert’s net worth experienced a considerable increase thanks to all of his earnings from all of the races mentioned above. Combined, he accumulated around $7.4 million at the end of 2020.
Huge Earnings in 2021 And 2022
David Probert’s earnings skyrocketed in 2021 and 2022, when he earned around $1.2 million and $1.5 million, respectively. In 2021 only, he took part in 1242 rides and won 169.
Since the beginning, the diligent, demure, and highly professional Probert has steadily climbed the ladder. Due to his quiet yet confident demeanor, he has ridden for a wide variety of trainers, and in recent years, significant race victories have started to occur more frequently.
The Welsh jockey has improved his income tremendously by earning over $740,000 before the end of 2023, and his earnings are sure to go even higher with time.
Similarly, you might be interested in Marianne Vos Net Worth.
Explore David Probert’s Net Worth
The sensational jockey must have accumulated vast wealth over the years thanks to his winning performances and prize money. However, his net worth is still undisclosed.
Still, it is evident that David has collected over $10 million from his profession as a jockey. Thus, David Probert’s fortune must be sitting at over $10 million.
The Welshman still has a long career ahead of him. Thus, with his current momentum and win rate, he is sure to do wonders in his upcoming races and increase his bank balance even more.